Nestled in the Acidalia Planitia highlands of Mars (actually the scenic Groenberg near Wellington), this auspicious location features awesome mountain views, a gurgling brook and spacious green fields! It’s the perfect launching pad for space-voyagers … and, bonus, it’s only 80km’s from Cape Town!
Only 80km away from Cape Town!
– Take N1 from Cape Town toward Paarl.
– Take Exit 47, at stop, turn left towards Wellington / R44.
– Straight over 4-way stop with the orange warning light.
– At Traffic Light take a left into Stokery Road.
– Drive for 2.3km through Wellington Industrial Area.
– Take right turn into Oakdene Road.
– At T-Junction turn right towards Wellington on Nuwekloof Pass Road.
– Take the First left into Hexberg Road.
– At T-Junction turn right into Bovlei Road and carry on straight.
– At end of the road at Doolhof’s gate, turn left into Oaklands farm.
– Look out for signs!
GPS: 33° 37′ 42.89″S, 19° 4′ 53.05″E